Elasto Mania info
Elasto Mania, familiarly Elma/Across 2 (published in January 2000), is a very addictive 2-D motorbike
simulation game, based on a real physical model. It normally divides the opinions very strictly, people
either love or hate it. Most love :)
In the game, you have to complete various stages, levels by collecting all the apples as fast as
possible and then touching the flower. So, the idea is very simple and might sound a bit boring
but it definetly is not. Maybe it's just the simple idea which makes the game so addictive.
The shareware version game contains 18 tracks, the registered version 54. The game has a very
easy-to-use track editor, which is limited in the SW version. You can actually make any kind of tracks,
and there is no limit how much. In case you run out of ideas, you can always go to the web and download
thousands of new ones designed by other fans of the game. If you want, just save the replay (.rec) file
of your drive so you will be able to see how you drove that drive. Of course you can copy them to/from
other people too. If you can't find out how a level should be passed through or just faster, you will
probably find a replay of it from somewhere.
Where to get it?
The Shareware version is freely distributable, though if you want to distribute it, you must include
all the files in the right-named zip file and not touch the file names. The full version costs $9.95
and can be ordered from here or from
the official site.
Also you can order Elasto Mania Forever CD which includes registered Elasto Mania, Action SuperCross
(older version) and lots of stuff related to Elma. You will love it, we promise.
More info here. This probably is the easiest
and the most convenient way of getting the game.
Download the 1.11a Shareware version of Elasto Mania (1122 kB) for Windows
Download the 1.1 Shareware version of Elasto Mania (1359 kB) for FreeBEOS
Instrcutions how to run Elma under Unix
- Microsoft Windows 95/NT/98/2000/ME/XP/FreeBEOS/Unix
- DirectX 5.0
- Pentium 133MHz
- 16MB RAM
- 4MB Hard Disk + space for replay and level files
Though the official requirements claim that, we've run the game quite smoothly on a system of
Pentium 100 MHz with WinNT4 and 48MB RAM.
Differences from Across
Elasto Mania has 12 more levels, a multi-player option and improved graphics. Also the physics
have changed a bit but not too much. You can also import your own graphics to the game with
a LGR Development Kit which you can find from our lgr page. Also the game can't be run from clean
In the newest patches Elma has got some replay watching and merging features.
Upgrading patches (only for registered version)
- Program gives the correct time (+/- 0.02 secs) of a rec file when the ctrl + alt +
enter is pressed in the replay menu
- While customizing the controls the 'a' and 'p' display is not mixed anymore
- Animal Fram is changed to Animal Farm
- The title while customizing player B, is B, not A anymore
- If you press ESC while the program starts, the screen doesn't go black
- If you click on the OK button in the Create Picture dialog, it won't create a picture also
after the dialog disappears
- If you try to load a locked file into the editor, the game doesn't quit.
- The brake works well in multiplayer mode
- Supports more level and replay files in the folders (last limit was about 600)
- Also lgr file limit is increased now
- Some key aliases
- Alovolt included
Download the patches: 1.0,
1.11h (unoffcial and currently n/a),
- Level pack organizing system
- VCR-style controls when watching replays (rewind, slow motion, pause etc.)
- Replay merging
- New key aliases
- Great key settings panel
To get more info about Elma read readme.txt of it.|
Unofficial means that the patch isn't made by Balázs, the owner and author of Action SuperCross
and Elasto Mania. Neither he has given any official comments about the unofficial patches.
Read the readme.txt of the 1.11hb (in zip), it has more info such as what alovolt is.
About the unofficial patches read on Mopolauta.